Thursday, July 7, 2011

"Worth of SOLES..."Board Meeting

One of the first things that I did when I recieved my new calling was plan a board meeting with our YW board. The whole presidency, (besides me) was new and most of the advisors had been in less than 6 months. I really wanted everyone to meet each other and feel comfortable in their new callings.
So stealing an ADORABLE idea from my BFF April, I put together a quick board meeting.
The Theme: "The worth of SOLES is great..."
D&C 18:10
I asked each YW leader to bring a shoe that best describes themselves so that we could get to know each other a little better.
That evening I had each of my councilors go over an important part of the YW program. One talked about the basics of the Personal Progress Program. The other talked about the importance of teaching by the spirit.
I then spoke about important things we needed to do to become great YW leaders. Using talks, quotes & scriptures, I related all the aspects of a good leader to the perfect pedicure. I gave each of the leaders a "Pedicure Menu" with all the quotes and talkes I referenced and put it inside a small bucket filled with pedicure kits.
Of course, I FORGOT TO TAKE A PICTURE OF THE HANDOUT!! Dang, I HATE when I do that. But I do have a copy of the "Pedicure Menu" that went with each item in the bucket.
The evening turned out great!! And was also fun to give each of the new leaders a cute handout.

No comments:

Post a Comment