Monday, May 16, 2011

Mother's Day Picnic

For Mother's Day this year, I hosted my family dinner. My sis-n-law and I decided simple was best. So we had a picnic. Everyone brought something which made every ones assignment easy.
But of course, I had to set a table to go with the picnic theme. We ate outside. It was BEAUTIFUL AZ weather. Probably the last day of the year we could do it outside without sweltering.
 Our table scape (kind of hard to see).
Over the table I hung white paper lanterns. I had a HUGE one in the middle of all the small ones but it blew down before I took the picture.
We ate off of paper plates & used plastic wear which made clean up a breeze. We used cloth napkins that I folded the silverware folded up in it. I placed a small tag with "Happy Mothers Day" inside each folded napkin.
Drink cups were mason jars with a metal edged tag tied on with matching ribbon. The tag had the persons first initial on it. i put an adorable yellow straw in each cup. I also bought each person a bottle of lemonade to drink.
The centerpiece was an adorable galvanized cupcake stand that I just bought (my mothers day gift to myself ) that i filled with 3 different types of sandwiches on the bottom. Top layer was filled with all the fixings. I placed it on this cute yellow and white poke-a-dot place mat that I had just found 75% off at Kohl's.
My favorite things about this table is:
#1-the red & white plaid table cloth...perfect for a picnic!!
#2-the squeeze bottles that I filled with condiments and wrapped with ribbon to match the table scape.
#3-the bright yellow Gerber daisy's. They are my favorite flower and the bright yellow was so happy.
All in all, it turned out pretty cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment