Friday, June 11, 2010

An excuse to Entertain...

As most of you know, I have been blessed with 4 boys. Which does not give me very many opportunities to set a fun, girly, table scape.
Last night we had a dinner as our YW board. We were welcoming 3 new women who were just called to serve with us as well and say goodbye to Chalece, the YW secretary, who is moving next week.
So we celebrated with a "fondue frenzy" dinner. I set the table with my black & white toppers (which it seems are becoming a staple anytime I entertain). Then used my white dinner wear for each course. We used the small dessert sized plates for appetizers, (cheese course), our bowls for our salad course & then the large dinner plates for our dessert course (chocolate fountain). The dinner was de-lish!! Thanks to everyone for bringing items to dip. 

I put simple lemons in my milk glass bowl as a centerpiece and yellow roses down the  middle of the table. My favorite part of the dinner were the adorable yellow and white napkins, which I found at target 2 for $1, and the water goblets, which I monogrammed with each girls first name initial and used as a place card as well as there drink & a favor for each person to take home.
It was so fun to get together, eat great food and learn more about each other. It was also fun getting to set a table that girls would appreciate!! Thanks for the great evening girls!!

1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING this blog! I love to entertain, but I really never get the chance right now. One day...

    ReplyDelete